Thursday, October 7, 2010

Pick...what?


Last night at work I saw a kid walking out The Berg wearing this t-shirt. I found it interesting that these popular cultural images are being used to spread the "Good news." (Seriously, just goggle Jesus t-shirts and you will find many many more like this.)
It as if they're saying, our message of salvation isn't good enough anymore to stand on its own, let us a simulate ourselves into pop culture with references like these and hope that the message gets across and that someone might actually open the bible and read from Romans 10:13.
If in case you were wondering, I will save you the time; Romans 10:13 say's ...For “everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.”
Acutally spreading the "good news" is from Romans 10:15; “How beautiful are the feet of those who preach the good news!"
Why preach when you can say what you need to say on t-shirt, right?
Reminds me of an old Simpson's episode, where a t-shirt vendor screams, "get your t-shirt, tell everyone where you've been by wearing a t-shirt."

1 comment:

  1. Authors note: I realize this has little to do with my over all subject matter, but I thought it was entertaining. Also, Bob made me.

    ReplyDelete